I finally attended the diabetic education class today. It was an all day event (8:30-4:00). I learned alot, some was good news, some was bad.
- I can actually eat fruit...in moderation....but I can eat it! I have been eating less than 15 carbs per meal, but was told today that I can have 45 per meal. HALLELUJAH!
- There are lots of great medication options.
- I'm not alone, there are support options.
- I can eat some of my favorite things at Christmas dinner.
- Knowledge is power...and now I have knowledge.
- With lots of hard work I can prevent/prolong having serious complications.
- This is not reversible. I will always have diabetes, and will always have to monitor my blood glucose.
- There are lots of serious possible complications.
- Treatment, and living this new healthy lifestyle will take lots of planning and creativity to keep cost down and to be successful.